We decided to stretch the Halloween festivities out over a couple of weeks, so this is one giant post of all the fun!!
First, these are two of my most favorite picture of the kids:
Grace the Curious Kitty:
To Infinity and BEYOND!!
Pumpkin "Carving"Grandma Guymon sent us a super fun Halloween package with lots of fun Halloween activities and treats, including these fun pumpkin face pieces. The kids had a blast with them! Aren't they so cute? Sure are a lot less messy,too!



Lubbock 3rd Ward Trunk-or-Treat!
Our ward has an annual trunk-or-treat each year on the Friday before Halloween. It was so much fun! We were reminded again how blessed we have been to be here and to meet so many wonderful people that have truly touched our lives.
The trunk-or-treat is held at a ranch, so there were animals for the kids to see/pet, hayrides, food, and of course, trunk-or-treating!
Here are Joshua and Grace with some of their friends:
Pirate Owen, Buzz Lightyear Joshua, Sleeping Beauty Claire,
Cinderella Sabrina, and Kitty Grace.

Since Joshua was going to be Buzz Lightyear, he wanted someone to be Woody. (He had a good point, the two kind of go together like PB & J!)
So Bryan was the handsome Sheriff Woody.

(Yes, she has a black eye, and NO, her brother does not beat her and she has not taken up boxing!! She fell and hit it on the footboard of our bed, poor thing! With her, I'm sure it won't be the last. For example, her new favorite adventure is to walk around with her eyes closed and see what she runs into! Doesn't usually turn out very well...)
Halloween Party at our place!
Halloween Party at our place!
Since the kids had already gone trunk-or-treating we decided to skip the trick-or-treating on Halloween night and we had a rockin' party instead! It was so fun to hang out with the Odells, the Strattons and the Nelsons. Lots of good food, games, and company!
First I had to show off a couple of Halloween decorations I made this year. My friend Kaci helped me make this wall hanging. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, considering my sewing abilities, but please, if you quilt professionally, don't look to close!!
This is what I made for the table decoration for our party. I found the idea in a Family Fun magazine. It was so quick and easy, which was good, since I didn't do it until that afternoon! The kids each got to take home one of the salt dough ghosts as a party favor.

And here are some of the kids all dressed up!
First I had to show off a couple of Halloween decorations I made this year. My friend Kaci helped me make this wall hanging. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, considering my sewing abilities, but please, if you quilt professionally, don't look to close!!
This is what I made for the table decoration for our party. I found the idea in a Family Fun magazine. It was so quick and easy, which was good, since I didn't do it until that afternoon! The kids each got to take home one of the salt dough ghosts as a party favor.The Eighties Odells in all their eighties glory.
(Sad part is they were able to find most of their costume pieces at the local Walmart!!)
Thanks for dressing up guys, you looked TOTALLY AWESOME!

And here are some of the kids all dressed up!




10 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween. The kids look adorable in their costumes. I'm so impressed with the decorations you made, they look great!
You guys look great! (What did you dress up as?). I love the pumpkin face pieces, and you're wall hanging is beautiful. Way to go!
What a fun Halloween!!! And I love the crafts you made.
You seriously are amazing! My Halloween decoration consisted of a small pumpkin in a basket of ivy and philodendron.
I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so cute!
I am so impressed by all that you do. Parties, decorations, fun activities -- I want to be like you someday! What a fun Halloween for your little ghouls!!
Cute! I love that grace walks around with her eyes closed! Such cute kids!
Look at your cute creations! Love it! I'm glad you had a great time!
Janelle, you are so much fun. Thanks for letting us be part of the halloween festivities and for always giving me so many great holiday decorating ideas!
I love your wall hanging. Those pieced quilts are labor intensive and i think it looks fantastic!
Oh so cute! I am glad you had a great halloween! We did too, but we still missed Lubbock 3rd, and all our friends! Say "Hi" to people for me okay? Your kids looked so cute all dressed up! Heck, they're cute anyway!
Post a Comment