Thursday, July 30, 2009

End of Our Lubbock Journey

Happy day -- this afternoon I finished taking the July 2009 Texas Bar Exam and tomorrow we move from Lubbock to our very first home in Pampa, Texas. Tomorrow when we move out of our apartment it will be exactly three years to the day from when we moved in. It is crazy how time flies. This is a very bittersweet move for our family as we are so excited for the next step in our life journey but also very sad to be leaving Lubbock. We will miss our friends, our ward and the opportunities for service therein, and generally the great experience we have enjoyed here during our time at Texas Tech School of Law. We have grown closer as a family and have been blessed greatly during our time here. Tomorrow, one door closes but another one opens wide open ... so let the good times continue!!

Sorry no pictures today, just some thoughts by Bryan. We'll post some pictures of our July adventures and August vacation soon.

10 comments:

Myrna said...

Congratulations! You guys are gonna love the next phase of your lives. What a relief to have the exam behind you!

Stephanie said...

What a fun time for your family! Congrats on getting the exam done. Enjoy this next step in your life!

Jordan said...

You da man, Bryan! Now that you've made it big don't forget us little people who had nothing to do with your success. I'm sure you couldn't have made it without us...somehow...maybe...so don't forget us...WELL DONE!

beckyjune said...

We are so excited for you and this new phase of your lives out in the "real world." We are sad to have to say goodbye today but are so glad that you won't be too far away. We'll come see you after you get back from your travels and are settled a little bit in your NEW HOME!! You must be thrilled to have a place of your own.

Wesley said...

Well I must say, it was sad to read your post for us Odell's but we are so excited for you to make your next journey!!! Congrats on the Bar what a big thing to have accomplished!! I must say you will be surely missed but at least we will be in the same state. Good Luck!!

Angie said...

Good luck with the move! I know it will be tough at first but what an exciting time for your family! It will be a great experience and I am excited to hear about it!

The Crider Clan said...

We still miss Lubbock so much...and all our friends! Good luck on your next adventure!

Arizona Nielsens said...

We know how you feel leaving a good ward and friends. How exciting, though, to have your own home and start a new adventure. We can't wait to see you next week!

Lisa Puga said...

Good luck on your new adventure!

Kristen said...

Wow! Congratulations on getting through it all. It is sad to move away from people and places that you love, but it is exciting to go someplace new and meet new people. I wish you guys all the best (I know it's cliche, but I mean it!).