You know, it's funny how even when I really like it here and we are meeting wonderful people and Bryan loves his job and I think the house is wonderful.....I still get lonely.
Now I am not at all trying to complain, just some days I still miss being close to family. I wondered if maybe it would get easier after a while, but it's been over three years since we first moved away from family and sometimes it is still really hard! I guess it never gets easy. :)
Here are some of the people and things I am missing today:








8 comments:
I know how you feel. I was just thinking about hiking with my family in the canyons around Cache Valley when the leaves turn the brilliant autumn hues.
I sure know what you mean, though we are fortunate to have some of Matt's family here. I wish some of mine were closer. We've been here for 2 1/2 years and I still miss Boise, too. Maybe I need to try harder. We miss you guys.
Awwww! I miss you Jane - If we were driving for Christmas this year, I would totally make Chris detour to Pampa to see you guys!
I'm with ya. Some days you just want to be surrounded by family. Or at least have a Gma close by so you can have an easy date night. :)
sounds like you aren't the only one in that boat...I still get lonely and we have 'family' here! We miss you guys too, but are so happy you are happy in Texas too!
I know that feeling all to well. It happens alot especially around holidays. Its hard to be out on my own but I think it builds us up to be stronger.
What a sweet post! I have been there I know how it goes! I am glad you are doing well otherwise!
I'm not sure the loneliness ever totally goes away. I do better some days than others. Don't worry - it's okay to be lonely sometimes and to miss family. My first year in Iowa was really lonely. It's easy to say from where I am now, but give it six months to a year and it will get better. Hang in there! I know how you feel and will be praying for you!!
Post a Comment