Well, what a week we have had, and it isn't even over!! So it all started with Grace coming down (or should I say up) with a fever on Monday afternoon which caused her to wake up every 1.5 hours Monday night. Let's just say it was a very long night that resulted in two very tired parents in the mornng, as well as a little girl who was now feverish and beyond tired! But we put on our happy faces anyway becuase it was my 25th birthday!! WHoo- Hoo! Am I old or what? Please don't say yes becuse I still don't feel too old! :) We had a fabulous day. Bryan felt a little bad leaving me home with a sick baby on my birthday, so he stayed home which was fabulous! We went out to lunch, and then later Bryan made me his crazily delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza (complete with a salad - a real sacrifice for Bryan!) for dinner. Of course we also opened presents, which was fun for all! Joshua sure loves present opening and was a big help when I couldn't figure out how to get the paper off by myself! ;) Then we watched a movie.
All in all a wonderful day, except for one small detail: I was sick by the end of the night! I had a high fever and a very sore throat! What luck! So I went to bed early, hoping that would help, but, no sir! The next morning I was worse and I spent all day laying on the couch watching my kids play on the floor and trying (unsuccessfully) not to fall asleep. My sweet husband came home early to take care of me, which I think the kids appreciated even more since mom sure wasn't doing much! By then I was pretty certain I had strep throat, so we went to the doctor. Sure enough, I was right . . . and I was on my way to the pharmacy with a perscription!!!
The next day was Valentine's Day, which always seems to turn into a crazy day at our house for some reason or another, so why should this year be any different? :) Our dinner plans got pushed aside and my poor husband had to settle for a delicious dinner of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast . . . cooked by himself! He couldn't even get a kiss from his wife! But you know, I think that I love him even more and that this was my favorite valentine's day yet! Nothing says "I love you" like telling your sick wife who hasn't worn makeup or done her hair for two days that she's beautiful! I love you, Bryan!!!
So anyway, I know I've gone on and on, but I was also thinking about turning 25. I remember the year Bryan turned 25, it was the same year that my cousin and my cousin's husband turned 25 as well, so we were all talking about what they'd done with the first quarter of their lives. My cousin and cousin's husband were saying how it didn't really seem like they had much to show. So I was thinking about my 25 years, and here is what I've come up with: (Only since High School, I won't bore you with everything before that!)
I moved to Rexburg and attended BYU-Idaho for 2.5 years
I fell in love :)
I became engaged
I transfered to USU
I moved home
I got married
I had Joshua
I graduated from USU
I moved to lubbock, Texas
I had Grace
and I have cheered Bryan on through over have of his law school experience and will keep cheering him on . . . forever :)
So that's it. But you know, I think it is enough.
I'm feelin' pretty good about life right now. :)
And for those who like pictures, here are a few of the accoplishments I am most proud of:



3 comments:
I'm so sorry you were sick on your birthday! What a bummer! I hope you get better quickly and Joshua or Grace (or Bryan) get sick either! You have a lot to feel good about in your 25 years of life. I can't believe that birthday is just around the corner for me :). Pretty crazy! I'm glad you married Bryan so I get to stay in touch with one of my best friends from life!!
Happy "late" birthday! I'm sorry to hear your sick, I hope you feel better soon. Those kids are ridiculously cute. I can't believe I've never met Grace! I'm glad things are going well in Texas. Isn't blogging a great way to stay in touch? Get well soon!
What cute family you have! I'm so excited that I got to see pictures. I can't believe Grace is already a year old and I haven't even seen her yet. And Joshua is huge!
Post a Comment