I have been tagged several different times in the last couple of weeks but I haven't gotten around to doing them yet. Since I'd hate to be the one to drop the ball, here they all are in one big post!
BOOK TAG:
This is what you do...
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.
My book is "Flags of our Fathers" by James Bradley.
Here is what it says. "As the brawny man replaced the wiry miner's boy, the introspective musician gave way to the seasoned charismatic leader."
This book is about the Battle of Iwo Jima during WWII, specifically about the men who were pictured in the famous "flag raising" photo that is now also the Iwo Jima monument in D.C. This line is a description of one of the flag raisers.
Kind of a funny tag, but it's interesting to see the different types of books people read!
next:
BECKY'S TAG
Here is how it works: You must list one fact about yourself for each letter of your middle name. Each fact must begin with that letter. If you don't have a middle name, just use your maiden name. After you've been tagged, you need to update your blog with your middle name and answers. At the end of your post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name.
A: Artistic. Not in the sense that I paint or anything cool like that, but I consider my scrapbooking and cards my form of art!
N: Nice. It's boring, but it seems to be the word people use to describe me sometimes, and I can certainly think of worse words to be described by!!
N: Nerdy. I love to learn! As you may have noticed from my book tag above, of all the books to read I chose a history book!! They are my favorite! I enjoy the challenge of learning something new.
That was a fun one!
last one:
KATIE'S TAG:
I've been tagged...A Little Bit about Me
10 YEARS AGO:
I was fifteen and in the 9th grade at South Cache Freshman Center. The school was so old my GRANDPA and MOM went there, but it sure was a great year!
5 THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST:
1. Finish my laundry completely in one day (I seriously struggle with this one!)
2. Talk to my husband, we haven't really had the chance to do that yet today!
3. Get to work on my "card night" cards, Kristen's cards, and other projects that need to get going!
4. Prepare picture charts to teach primary kids the hymn "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet"
5. Play with my kids and enjoy their smiles!
WHAT WOULD I DO IF I WERE SUDDENLY MADE A MILLIONAIRE?
WHAT WOULD I DO IF I WERE SUDDENLY MADE A MILLIONAIRE?
First, I would pay off our law school loans!!! Then a house and another car would sure be nice! And I'm certain I could find a few scrapbooking supplies to buy, and Bryan would like a membership to the golf course, and the kids could have super cute clothes, and . . . :)
4 BAD HABITS:
4 BAD HABITS:
1. NEVER finishing ALL of the laundry in one day. Do you know that laundry can really be completely finished in a few short hours if you stick to it?!? You'd never guess it by the laundry situation at my place!
2. Scrapbooking when I should be cleaning :)
3. Wasting time on the computer.
4. Staying up too late for no real reason.
5 JOBS I'VE HAD:
1. Mom!
2. Preschool teacher
3. Preschool teacher assistant
4. Banquet Server at the Copper Mill
5. Sandwich Maker at Mauis
5 PLACES I'VE LIVED
5 PLACES I'VE LIVED
1. Providence, Utah
2. Rexburg, Idaho
3. Logan, Utah
4. Logan, Utah again (different apartment!)
5. Lubbock, TX.
I ENJOY
I ENJOY
Being with my husband and kids, Bryan's crazy singing and his thoughtfullness, Joshua's cute comments, and Grace's smiles! Scrapbooking, reading, and cooking (most of the time)! Seeing extended family and visiting our parents and siblings. Getting emails from Maren - my little sister - she cracks me up! The mountains and colorful seasons. When the UPS man brings packages. . . the list could go on and on!
Whew!! That's a lot of tag, and definitely enough about me for now! :) I'm going to totally cheat and just tag anyone who wants to let us get to know you on your blog!
1 comment:
Hey...thanks for doing the silly tags. I get them all the time and am starting to get sick of them! I enjoy reading others, so i do them too!! What cards of Kristen's are you doing?
Post a Comment