Sunday, May 4, 2008

Different is Good

I am continually amazed at how different our children are! I remember when Grace was born I wondered what she would be like and figured she would be a lot like Joshua. I remember thinking, "how different can two little babies be?" Ha Ha Ha, that was a joke! Let me tell you, two babies can be VERY different, right from the beginning!!
I remember hearing Grace cry once when she was a couple months old, and in spite of the fact that I had already cared for a newborn that cried, this was a very new sound to me. It was so much more dramatic and scream-like right from the beginning!! I knew I was in for it!!
But seeing how different Joshua and Grace are has really made me a believer in the idea that "different is good." I love that Joshua loves to sit on our laps and read book after book, but I also love that Grace can hardly make it through one book before she squirms away to find something to climb on! I love that Grace can't eat anything with out getting it all over her face, but I also love that Joshua has to have me wipe his hands off every time he gets anything dirty stuck to them! I love that Joshua still wants to cuddle with me in the rocking chair, but I also love that Grace NEVER cuddles, except on rare occasions that are made more precious by their rarity. And what I love most about their differences is that they don't keep them from loving each other and being friends! I love that Grace follows Joshua around and wants to do everything like him, and I love that Grace can be Joshua's princess when he wants someone to dance with!
And here are just a few pictures that illustrate our kid's WONDERFUL differences!

Playing outside: Joshua, clean;
Grace, wet and muddy from head to foot!

Let me just say, NEVER turn your back on this kid when
she has an Oreo in her hand!! :)

My handsome boy!

I LOVE you kids!! Thanks for letting me be your mom!


6 comments:

Crystal said...

I agree! Kaley and Thomas are so different from each other as well! It is fun! I am excited to see how Bella grows up!

Unknown said...

cute post Janelle! It is fun to see how different kids can be, but yet have so much fun together. Anthony and Jenna already love to play together! I'm not sure our kids will be as different as yours, because Jenna wants to go, go, go just like Anthony :).

The Crider Clan said...

Too cute...and I couldn't agree more! Mine are so different but all so fun!

beckyjune said...

Such cute pics, janelle. I love the one of Grace with the Oreo everywhere :)

Amy said...

Hey you two!! Your kids are adorable! It was fun to see what you guys have been up to :)

Amy

Katrina said...

Janelle- this post made me cry. Aren't we lucky to have such amazing kids in our homes. I agree with the differences -- isn't it strange how two little people with the same gene pool can be so different?! How fun it is to be a mother to amazing little ones!