Thursday, August 21, 2008

Weekend in Denver

Well, we did it. We actually spent four whole days by ourselves! We have never done anything like this the whole time we have been married, but thanks to our parents willingness to watch our kids, I was able to fly to Denver for a few days to see Bryan. We had such a great time, and can I tell you how much more relaxing it is to fly by yourself than with two little kids in tow?!?
Anyway, we had a ton of fun. Friday we went to downtown Denver because we wanted to go to the U.S. Mint, but tickets were sold out, so we were a little bummed about that. So rather than see how money is made, we went to the outlet malls and spent money instead! ;)
Saturday Bryan gave me a tour of the Russian area of Denver. It was fun to see the small, crowded Russian shops, although the smoked fish kinda creeped me out. Then we ate at a Russian restaurant - YUMMY! I can't remember the name of what I ate, but it sure was delicious!

Sunday we went to church and then drove to the top of Mt. Evans, which was beautiful. I felt like we were on the top of the earth!

Monday Bryan went to work and then in the evening we went and watched the Dodgers smoke the Rockies. They totally blew them out of the water! I had to post this picture of Bryan because he has Joe Torre (manager) on one side of his head and Don Mattingly (hitting coach) on the other side. I think he was almost more excited about this than he was about spending the weekend with me! :)


3 comments:

The Crider Clan said...

sounds like fun! Brad and I haven't been anywhere together alone since 2001...so we are going on a trip in a few weeks! Only a couple of days, but that's all I could take anyway!

Unknown said...

It was so fun to have you guys around when we came down to Logan. Maybe someday you will be closer!!

Crystal said...

What a fun trip! I hope some day Josh and I can take an "alone" trip!