Okay, so maybe not to everyone, but I thought this was the coolest thing ever! Maybe I just don't get out enough! :)
So you make the dough. It's a really elasticky dough and you roll it out really thin. You place it over the pelmenitza. Then you put the filling (ground beef, ground pork, onions and seasonings) in the middle of each little circle. Then you roll out another piece of dough and put it on top. Then you roll over the whole thing several times and Wha la! This is what you get:

Yes, I know it is dorky, but they just came out so perfect, and they even tasted just like the stuff I had in the restaurant! I was more excited than Bryan, I think! :)

Here they are all cooked up. We fried them, although in Russia they boil them and drizzle them with butter. I like them either way, but Bryan prefers them in the non-soggy version. :)
So anyway, the recipe made over 200 pelmeni, so if anyone wants a taste, just come on by!! We've got about a three month supply in our freezer! :)
Here they are all cooked up. We fried them, although in Russia they boil them and drizzle them with butter. I like them either way, but Bryan prefers them in the non-soggy version. :)
So anyway, the recipe made over 200 pelmeni, so if anyone wants a taste, just come on by!! We've got about a three month supply in our freezer! :)
7 comments:
I'll be right over for my free sample! That looks really cool! Does that make me dorky too? Miss you guys!
Wow! I am so impressed! I wish it was just that easy to "come on over!" We would love to try some! :) Maybe I'll have to order my own from Ukraine! :)
we want to try some!
Looks delicious! I want to taste some, for sure!
that looks like a lot of work!
Wow... those looks really good. Way to go making so many. Now you can enjoy them for a LONG time.
Impressive! I'm sure Russ would love to sample them. They kind of remind me of Gyoza, but I love the little pan that you use to make them. Maybe someday we'll have to find out the details and get one for our family. It looks like fun!
I love the apple pictures. We went last weekend and had a ball, but we missed the tractor ride so we might have to go again.
By the way, I have been meaning to tell you how darling the cards you made for Wayne and Kristen are -- I seriously want a lesson. I want to know what adhesive you use. That stuff is awesome and stick like nothing I've ever seen before! Someday you can be my consultant (like a day when we actually have an income!!). I sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment