I just had to share these conversations I've been
having with Joshua lately.
I think he's getting too smart for me!
So he's been asking a lot of questions about babies lately: why they grow in their mommy's tummy, how long they're in there, etc. and I have to say that I think I have done a pretty good job at answering his questions honestly without giving him too much information. Anyway, the other day we were driving to the law school to get Bryan and we pass the hospital where Grace was born. Naturally, this leads him to want to know how babies get out of their mommy's tummies. I didn't really want to explain exactly how/where they "come out", if you will, so I just told him that when it is time to have the baby the mommy goes to the hospital and her stomach muscles get tighter, called contracting, and they push they baby out.
Thankfully he doesn't know enough about it to realize the details that were left out, and he was happy with my answer. But I guess I must have made it sound like a pretty easy process because he now refers to birth as when the baby "pops" out of it's mommy's tummy! So then I overhear him explaining to Grace that he "popped" out of mommy's tummy first, and then she "popped" out next! Oh that boy has a lot to learn....I only wish it were that easy!!
Sooo....
I think we handled that one okay, but I just hope it is a long while before
he asks how they get in the mommy's tummy!! I'm not ready to have that conversation with my four year old!!! :)
3 comments:
Good luck with that one! I'm worried for when my little boy starts to wonder - it could get pretty awkward - I just don't know what to say!
That is hilarious! Kaden has started asking a lot of questions about it as well. It's hard to know what to say because you don't want them explaining it to their friends but you want to be honest with them. Good Luck!
You did a great job explaining - i wouldn't even know what to say.
Happy Birthday to you tomorrow! I don't know about you, but 26 seems unreal!
Post a Comment