Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lakers-Thunder!!

Tipoff in Oklahoma City at the Lakers-Thunder game!!
To get a perspective of where I was seated, see the red arrow in the above photo. Obviously, my brother Wayne hooked me up with a GREAT, GREAT seat. I have always been a huge Lakers fan and am now happy to cheer for the Thunder also. Wayne got me a ticket so I made a quick trip to Oklahoma City for the big game. Enjoy the photos! Thanks to Wayne for the ticket, Wayne and Kristen for having me, and Janelle for going two days without a car. I have a very supportive and kind family!



Wayne and I at midcourt after the game. The Lakers won 107-89. It was great to visit with Wayne before the game during warmups and to see him in his work element.



My ticket stub. That is right -- courtside 2nd row!!

Wayne and I at my seat after the game.

Kobe discussing basketball philosophy with the referee. I took that picture. Yes, that is how close I was!

This picture is for the kiddos -- this is Rumble the Bison, the Thunder mascot.

Kobe taking a foul shot and me taking the picture from my seat.

So, this is me on TV. Well, on the internet broadcast of the local TV showing of the game. This season I ordered NBA league pass broadband so I could watch the Lakers play. Janelle, Joshua, and Grace watched just enough of the game to see me in this frame in the second quarter. I was pumped to have Janelle call me to say they had just seen me on the computer. I am sure Wayne told the camera man to get me on TV as part of the overall incredible experience. I must admit Janelle thought I was a bit 'obsessed' last night when I was taking a picture of the archived game on our computer but I thought it added to the experience.

Our super CUTE nephew Stanley-man. We hung out for a little while on Wednesday morning. It was fun to see him and Kristen, even if it was for only a limited time.

Our cute kiddos, Joshua and Grace -- some young Thunder fans. I bought them these matching "Oklahoma City Thunder basketballs" (as Joshua calls them) for a present. They have loved dribbling and throwing them around the kitchen and outside on the sidewalk.

One more photo of our cute Thunder fans.
Thanks again to Wayne and Janelle for allowing me to have such a memorable, great experience!

5 comments:

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Wow Bryan, what a great experience! Your brother Wayne must be AWESOME, and you must have one kind, wonderful, understanding, giving, etc. wife! ;) :) ;)

Myrna said...

wow! What a great time you had Bryan. What a great brother you have that would arrange all that. Glad you have such an amazing, kind, wonderful, understanding, giving, etc. wife!

Angie said...

Sounds like you had a great time! What does Wayne do for a living?

Grandma P said...

You are the luckiest person in the universe! I'd had made the trip too if Wayne could have got me a seat next to you!!! Go Lakers!

Katrina said...

What a fun time at the game. Your seats were awesome!! I'm glad that you were able to go. Maybe sometime Russ will have to meet you and Wayne for a game...