Hahahaha -
I really don't care if you read this post, I just don't want to make anyone sad by telling you about the extremely warm weather we have been having around here! It was mid 70's to 80's last week and today it was 84 degrees! It is supposed to be high 80's all week, and that is pretty crazy, even for West Texas! It is only the beginning of March, for goodness sake!!
But, we have been trying to be good sports and make the most of it:
The first Popsicles of the season!
I guess Joshua is just a smart boy who knows that Popsicles go with warm weather, because he insisted we get them as our treat at the grocery store last week.
forehead to chin and from ear to ear!
Flower planting extravaganza!
I decided that I was in the mood to plant something, an urge that, frankly, rarely hits me, so I thought I better go with it. We went to Walmart and found ourselves some dirt and seeds.
The next day during Grace's nap Joshua and I got to work. It is a good thing that Grace decided to pull a three hour nap that day because that is how long it took me to clear the 1.5' x 2' flower garden spot with my wimpy plastic gardening shovel! But don't worry: 1 mega blister on my palm, 2 band-aides, 1 dump truck full of weeds, and three hours later we had the job done!

We found lots of ladybugs and spiders along the way,
quite to the delight of a certain 4 year old boy!

Would he smile for the camera?
Of course not! But he still is pretty cute!
Flower planting extravaganza!I decided that I was in the mood to plant something, an urge that, frankly, rarely hits me, so I thought I better go with it. We went to Walmart and found ourselves some dirt and seeds.
The next day during Grace's nap Joshua and I got to work. It is a good thing that Grace decided to pull a three hour nap that day because that is how long it took me to clear the 1.5' x 2' flower garden spot with my wimpy plastic gardening shovel! But don't worry: 1 mega blister on my palm, 2 band-aides, 1 dump truck full of weeds, and three hours later we had the job done!

We found lots of ladybugs and spiders along the way,
quite to the delight of a certain 4 year old boy!

Would he smile for the camera?
Of course not! But he still is pretty cute!
The finished project. We were quite proud of ourselves. Now we faithfully water them everyday and cross our fingers that we can actually grow something! :)

And since Grace missed out on the planting session, I thought I would just post a few of my favorite recent pictures of her. I know we are a little biased, but we really think she is about the cutest little girl EVER! She is quite the goofball, too, so between the silliness and the cuteness, I just can't get enough of her!

And since Grace missed out on the planting session, I thought I would just post a few of my favorite recent pictures of her. I know we are a little biased, but we really think she is about the cutest little girl EVER! She is quite the goofball, too, so between the silliness and the cuteness, I just can't get enough of her!





9 comments:
Wow! You're so lucky . . . I'm kind of jealous. It was nice here yesterday, but it's supposed to snow this weekend :(.
I love the garden - way to go! And definitely, the cutest kids ever!
Wow! I'm definitely jealous of that weather. Great job on the flower bed, that will be so fun to see your hard work pay off! And I agree with you, your kids are adorable.
I hope your little garden will grow and be fun to look at so your blisters weren't for nothing. Your kids are really cute! Are you having another baby I thought I heard that but maybe it was someone else.
I am so jealous! I am ready for warm weather, I hope it comes soon. Your kids are adorable!!
your warning almost kept me away...but we got to go outside in our 40 degree weather today so we are on the upside :). cute pictures!
Well, in Minnesota, we got up to 40* this week, so I thought I might qualify to read your post. Honestly, after surviving -20*, 40* seems like 60*
I'm so happy for you!
Don't you love living in a place where you can go to the park anytime you want? I love it!
Can't wait to see the flowers bloom in your flower bed. Great job putting that together. Definitely something I need to work on.
You sure have cute little kids. Wish kaiya had a chance to play with them more often.
Oooh, we are so jealous! It is snowing here! Bleh! We have had our glimpses of Spring, but only enough to make the snow worse! :) We can't wait to plant our garden! Our tulips and daffodils are coming up, so Spring will come soon enough!
I guess I should have listened to your warning. We've gotten about a foot in the last 24 hours! I wish it was popsicle weather here.
Post a Comment