Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Pictures!

Just wanted to share a few pictures from the fun Easter
holiday we enjoyed this last Sunday.

Here are the kiddos with their baskets.
I was really thinking a lot this year about ways to make Easter more about Christ and less about the Easter Bunny, although I don't want to completely getting rid of the Easter bunny tradition. So I thought of one thing that we tried, and I think it was a good starting point, so I think we will make it a tradition. When the "Easter Bunny" filled the kid's baskets, she left an empty egg for each of them. Then in the morning when they were going through all of the eggs to see what was in them, they of course wondered why the one was empty. I explained to them that I thought it was to remind us of the real meaning for Easter and of how Mary and Christ's disciples found his tomb empty on that first Easter Sunday because the Savior had been resurrected. For the rest of the day whenever Joshua would go through his basket he would say "and there's the empty egg" and when I would ask him why there was an empty egg in his basket, he could remember what it was supposed to remind us of.
I was impressed! :)

Here are some after church pictures of the kids all dressed up. I was hoping for some nice shots, and while they are super cute, I'm not sure I got any "hang on the wall" portraits! :)
Can you say "CHEESE"?!?
Handsome little man, isn't he?

This one is for my mom. I was telling her about my chocolate dipped strawberries I made for dessert and she wanted to see them. Here you go, Mom! Aren't they pretty? Almost too pretty to eat, and yet some how they managed to disappear!


We had a yummy ham dinner with our good friends, the Odells, and then we had a little Easter egg hunt in the back yard for the kids. It's amazing how a few eggs and a little chocolate can excite these kids!


Hope you all enjoyed your Easter as much as we did!





2 comments:

Dominoe said...

What a great idea - having the empty egg. I think I'm gonna steal it next year. :) I have a weakness for chocolate dipped strawberries. Mmmm.

Stephanie said...

I love your empty egg idea. I may have to use it as well. Send some of those strawberries my way!