Howdy all,
I thought I would write a post telling about our summer plans for this year. As most of you know, the summer between your second and third year of law school is important for legal employment. I am fortunate to have two great opportunites this summer. First, I will work at Underwood Law Firm in beautiful Amarillo, Texas during the first half of the summer (from May 19 until June 27). At Underwood I will be working in many different practice areas but plan to focus on immigration and estate planning -- these are my areas of interest so I am very excited. Then after a week's vacation to Utah I will be working at the Large Law Firm in truly beautiful Denver, Colorado (from July 7 until August 15). There I will be working with a solo practioner who specializes in immigration law. These will be contrasting work experiences so I am excited for the variance and for the different experiences. Hopefully this summer will help me figure out what area of law I want to practice.
Janelle, Joshua, and Grace will spend the second half of summer in Utah with family although we have some plans for some visits during that time (Janelle is coming to Denver for an extended weekend to see me and the Dodgers and I hope to fly to Utah a couple of times for weekends). She and the kids are going to travel to Washington with the Henke family for a family reunion at the beginning of August. It will be a fun and adventurous summer for us Texas Guymons!
Well, I guess that is about all for now. I just figured I would give an update on our plans as they have just recently been finalized. Of course, we still have to work on the logistics of everything but we are going to Amarillo next Friday to find an apartment for those first six weeks. Good times!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Isn't my husband awesome?!? I think you can tell he's really into his legal studies - He even sounds like an attorney when he posts on our blog!! He's cute :)
congrats bryan! You are amazing! I hope it all works out for you and you find your niche in law! Two interns offered...that is awesome!
We're watching everything you do with interest. Eric will have to talk to you about how everything has panned out and everything. Congrats on getting internships! We DO know how important that is :).
Moose! Congrats buddy! I am excited for you. Have I got some immigrants in the construction arena that could probably use your legal advice!
We are so proud of Bryan and so excited to have the darling children and Janelle here for a bit more this summer!! YEAH!! I finally figured out how to leave comments!!
Post a Comment