I love Valentine's Day!!
It is one of my favorite holidays, so even though it was a week ago, I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures from this Valentine's Day:
Bryan knows just what I like! :)
Grandma Henke sent a big, fluffy, PINK tutu to Grace for Valentine's Day, which she loved, of course! The pinker and the fluffier, the better, in her mind!
Yes - "pinker" is a word at this house! :)
Joshua was so excited for the little treats I gave him and Grace!
He got Toy Story Ring Pops and Grace got Tinker Bell - I love how they get so excited over something so simple!
SIDE NOTE: Wanna know one of my favorite memories from Valentine's Days in the past? Okay, here it is: for Valentine's Day my dad would buy each of the kids some fancy treat from the Alvey's chocolate shop in the mall - YUM! I always thought it was so special because it was the only time that my dad went and by himself picked out a gift for us kids. Usually mom just did the shopping for birthdays and Christmas and then when she wrapped the gifts she would just put dad's name on the tag. :) So always felt like this was an especially special gift. I guess that is why I like to get my kids a little something special for Valentine's Day!
Grandma Henke sent a big, fluffy, PINK tutu to Grace for Valentine's Day, which she loved, of course! The pinker and the fluffier, the better, in her mind!Yes - "pinker" is a word at this house! :)
Joshua was so excited for the little treats I gave him and Grace! He got Toy Story Ring Pops and Grace got Tinker Bell - I love how they get so excited over something so simple!
SIDE NOTE: Wanna know one of my favorite memories from Valentine's Days in the past? Okay, here it is: for Valentine's Day my dad would buy each of the kids some fancy treat from the Alvey's chocolate shop in the mall - YUM! I always thought it was so special because it was the only time that my dad went and by himself picked out a gift for us kids. Usually mom just did the shopping for birthdays and Christmas and then when she wrapped the gifts she would just put dad's name on the tag. :) So always felt like this was an especially special gift. I guess that is why I like to get my kids a little something special for Valentine's Day!
Bryan in the kitchen making Valentine's Day/ My Birthday dinner.
He made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and rolls - ALL by himself - he wouldn't let me help a bit!
I'm so glad they are mine!
I hope you had a great day celebrating the people you love!



6 comments:
how romantic! way cute family by the way!
Those tulips are gorgeous!!! And, what a sweet thing for Bryan to cook dinner for you. Matt was working on Valentine's Day :( I like his moose apron, too, by the way, and Grace's tutu is (I can't resist) too-too cute. I hope you are scrapping all of these pictures! Yes, one of these days we are going to make it to your house.
love it! We have the same tie that Joshua is wearing :) and my kids got those same ring pops! They thought they were the best! And I totally remember you got so excited when you got that mint chocolate from your dad!! Happy late Valentines Day!!
I love it! I used to think that Valentine's Day was an over rated holiday, but now that I have a cute family to buy things for, I love it! I think it's so sweet that your dad would buy treats for you guys -- so fun!
so fun! I love the TuTu!!!
This is Jenny Harrison Burbank. I loved your post! What a cute family you have :) Loved hearing about Valentine's day & what has made it special for you.
Post a Comment