Wednesday, January 27, 2010

That's what I get for trying to be sneaky!

Just a quick story :)
It was Monday and I was doing some laundry when I noticed the kids had left their blankets on the floor of the laundry room. Both kids are pretty attached to their blankets, but Grace is like MEGA attached: drags it everywhere, sleeps with it every night, cries for it every time she's hurt, mad, sad, etc. You get the picture. Washing that thing can be quite the ordeal. So when I saw the blankets sitting there and realized the kids were in the front room I saw the golden blanket washing opportunity!! I hurried and stuffed the faded thing into my load of laundry. I would have it all dry and clean long before bedtime, so she would never even know! Hurray for MOM!

Lunch time rolls around and Bryan comes home for a few minutes to eat. Grace decides she is not going to eat her lunch (I know, everyone is SHOCKED - or not!) but she wants something else. Bryan tells her she has to eat what she already asked for before she can have anything else. Grace doesn't think that is a very good arrangement and gets really mad. OF COURSE she immediately wants her blanket. I had to give her the bad news - Sorry, it is being washed. She wails some more. I told her that since she was playing and didn't need it I had snuck the blanket into the laundry and it would be done soon. The wailing continues.

Then Joshua, ever the protector of his little sister, says "Mom, that wasn't a very nice choice to sneak our blankets into the laundry. Someday when I'm big and do the laundry I'm going to sneak into your room and wash your blanket!"

Hahahaha! Anytime you want to do laundry you go right ahead, kid, go right ahead!

5 comments:

The Strawn Family said...

Kids are so funny! Kaden always says, "when I am a dad, I will take your toys away."

Celeste and Jared said...

that is hilarious! I can't tell you how many times I have done the same thing and got caught! Good times, good times.

Blaire said...

That's funny what he thinks is punishment. Maybe someday he'll make good on this "threat" :)

Angie said...

That is hilarious! I love how protective he got that is sweet. Feel free to let him start doing laundry.

Carole Ann & Jon said...

Ha, tell him he can sneak over to my house and do all the laundry he wants!!! So cute!